Tuesday, 28 February 2012
...I go for a hairchop on Thursday evening. And like every time before it, I'm having a mini panic attack to myself about what to have it cut like. I've had a bit of a fear with hairdressers - even when I know they're good, I'm always scared I'll come out of the salon and have no idea what to do with it and end up wearing hats for the next 6 months.
Friday, 24 February 2012
I cannot believe we're nearly finished with the second month of 2012, the Christmas pinch is just starting to abate, and we can poke our heads from our shells thinking, 'Is that it over for another year?' As for Valentine's Day, I spent it stuffing my face with two for Tuesdays pizza and scaring the crap out of myself watching Asian horror films...Not all month has been wasted though, I've decided what six things make the cut this month for my wishlist...
Thursday, 16 February 2012
Why yes, I AM using my old blog name as a post title! In this case though, it is very apt. I've been on a bit of an eBay surge the past few weeks, and my findings have consisted of a Rilakkuma bear phone cover, tiny gems, a 99p cardigan (99p, PEOPLE. LESS THAN A POUND.) and the blouse featured. It's one of those pieces of clothing (everyone has one) where the second you put it on, you feel amazing. It's more daring than what I'd normally wear, and it fits like a dream. So of course I chose to wear that as well as a few other favourites, both old and new.
Tuesday, 14 February 2012
I always feel like a little patch has been made over a space I didn't know was there whenever my eyes are opened to a new jewellery maker I love...something that I needed to know existed, and it makes me feel happy to know that people with such artistic talent can put their dreams into designs, and share them with the world. This of course was no exception when Devine Delinquents strutted onto my radar, and I'm in love. Victorian-style elegance, with flawless lace, soft faux fur, diamantes, cameos...it screams Old World glamour, the answer to our opulent dreams!
|"Two locks, one key..." £8|
Monday, 13 February 2012
I have been a busy busy bumble bee! It's already mid-February, how did we stumble into the second month of 2012 so quickly?! So far this year...
- I turned 20, and the lovely Rai of Blargle Fargle won my giveaway (prize has been sent out! Wooo!)
- I've had a few event invites, and some products to review as well (which is UNREAL, because that kind of stuff never happens to me and it's all been going on in the past three weeks!) AND I have a lovely jewellery feature coming up soon...
- I'm preparing to finally start something I said I'd do a year ago...making plugs and tunnels! For all you lovelies out there with stretched ears but nothing pretty to put into them, have no fear, I'll be here! (soon...)
- I'm beginning the long process of becoming a red-head...
- I DONE MY FIRST PIERCING!!! It was hella scary, and on the head piercer's husband's ear, and I almost lost the jewellery in the cannula... but yay!
- I realised my son turns two next month. Two years old. 24 months since he came into the world with a bemused looking expression to match mine and has caused havoc since then. No, it hasn't sunk in properly yet...
- I'm starting to properly decorate the flat I've been in nearly a year. Well, better late than never to journey to make a house a home!
- I saw Dropkick Murphies on Saturday at The Barrowlands in Glasgow, and they kicked arse, as usual!
I know, right? Mental. One thing I dropped by here to do before I pass out was share a wee outfit I'm planning on wearing to the International Women's Day 2012 Blogger Meet-Up in March. I'll be taking along a bunch of clothes for the swap and also donating to the cause. Hoping to see some familiar faces there!
That Iron Fist dress...I need it. Skulls, lipstick and a peter pan collar? Yes, oh yes. You will be mine by the end of the month. I already have pretty much everything else (cameo jewellery, glittery rings, gloves, the sunglasses and a pretty cardigan) so this is the outfit planned. I'm thinking team it with my red tie-up Mary Jane court shoes, a slick of lippie and my Skeleanimals bag, just to pretend I'm 16 again. Possibly dying my hair a wash-in-wash-out red, just so it's all matching! (Yes, I do go as far as to match everything.)
Like I said I'm working hard on new things for the blog, muchos excitement coming this way! But decided to quickly post this to share how amazing this outfit looks - seriously, I never put together anything this good!
Are any of you guys going?
Monday, 6 February 2012
I finally stopped whinging and moaning about my hair and done something about it...after a few months of research and preparing my hair, I took the first step to becoming ginger like I deliberated about here.
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
I know, all I seem to be talking about is this bloody giveaway!
So today, I ran a bath for Brandon before we went out, and I remembered all of a sudden, CRAP! I need to draw the names today! At that moment, he pulled through his big bag of coloured balls for his ball pit, and inspiration struck. Instead of drawing names out of a hat, why not make it a bit more fun? I wrote down every entry on a different coloured ball, and popped them in the bath with B. I got him to swish them around, and the first one he picked up would be the winner. Drumroll, please...