Thursday, 7 June 2012

Planning to Plan Blogs...

  This isn't a fashion or beauty related post, but it occured to me while I had no computer and was desperate to blog, that I had no idea how I really planned my posts. I used to be very organised, and wrote down ideas, possible outfit posts, etc in my filofax, and would eventually get round to them. Then when I got my new phone back in November, I scheduled things in the fancy schmancy calendar on it, and tried to follow that. But I fell off the organisational wagon, and as a result wishlists ended up a month late, tutorials were left unpublished and incomplete, and posts became erratic and I didn't know what the hell I was doing.

 So I decided that it was time I took the blog by the horns (I crack myself up, I really do) and that I should develop some sort of blog plan.And you know what that means... STATIONERY SHOPPING! It's like being back at school, that week before the summer holidays end...I might even buy a 101 Dalmations pencil case...

Super pretty Russian doll organiser - nicely laid out, big open pages, and the best thing? It has a popper to keep it shut and stop the pages getting all bent inside my bag!
Totoro Diary
 Unfortunately there's no price for this, and when I went to the link to try and find out where I could possibly buy it, it linked to benippon.com, a Japanese retailer who shut down last year :( But there's a similar (but not as pretty) one on this site.

Ridiculously adorable planners, with an assortment of different inlets you can put inside - weekly, monthly or even year planners, stickers, post it notes and pens are included and the price depends on what you choose! *squeals*

 I had a wee flick through this last week in Rymans, and it has big enough pages to hold a lot of info. The only problem is if I were to pop post its inside it might not close properly as it's hard back. In saying that, it's my two favourite colours...
I don't know anyone who doesn't love Domo-kun. And if you don't, you're heartless - I think I'd be tonnes more excited about having to sort my blog-life out if it was in this planner!



It's not just notebooks and organisers I'm showing the love for...


No office is complete in my opinion without the trusty old heart-shaped post-it. I used these in school to help me study, to remind me things on my calendar, and to stick it to people's backs with incredibly un-funny slogans.
...Okay, maybe it was me who got the sticky notes plastered on my back. Not bitter at all, honest.

Nyanko Kitty? Stickers? BOWS? I'm sold.

 I love their wee faces! I'd like to think that I'd use something like this to remind me when I have events/blog meets coming up, so they stand out :)


...Okay, maybe just standard post-it notes will do, but stickers are just so AWESOME.

Is it sad that I get so excited about these kinds of things? I have a little niggling in the back of my head that I might be forever 7 years old, nagging my mum for the teddy bear erasers from Somerfield...Oh well, at least by the end of this I will be organised for once, and I can finally follow some sort of blog plan to keep my posts consistent, and to have my ideas and thoughts all in the one book would be amazing.

Please tell me there are other stationery-philes out there? If so, what do you use to plan your blog posts?


Love,
Amii
xoxo

This post was inspired by Kaylah from The Dainty Squid's post on blog planning...it opened my eyes to how messy and random my style of posting was, and I think I'm going to prefer the idea of having set days for set posts. Thanks, Kaylah! x

4 comments:

  1. Crazy that I came across this post I've been on a serious hunt for the perfect notebook to jot down all my blogging idea's! I've used my old one up! These are all beautiful!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to organise as well but deciding what to actually post about first would be a start for me! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend does a really good one about food!

      Delete
  3. I love the russian doll one! and the post it stickers are adorable! :) glad you're getting back on the organization wagon! :D

    xo
    anita

    ReplyDelete

I just love getting feedback from people! I'll always reply. Thankyou for your time <3