Wednesday, 18 November 2015

A VERY RARE BEAUTY POST || LEARNING TO LOVE MAKE UP AGAIN

I'm definitely not the biggest beauty lover out there - far from it, I'm lucky if I wear a full face of make up every few months. Between my stupidly sensitive skin and having zero energy a lot of the time, it just seems like more effort than it's worth. Since I started college though, I've discovered a few wee beauts in Superdrug and they've made me rediscover my love of make up!


Barry M Flawless Colour Correcting Primer in Green || Barry M nail paints in "Red Wine", "Chai" and "Diamond Glitter" || MUA lip pencil in " Brooding Plum" || Make Up Revolution lipstick in "Reckless"


Apologies for the crap instagram photo!
I've always strugged to find a nice balance with foundation between covering my perpetually rosy cheeks and looking like a cakey mess, and since it seems my skin hates all forms of foundation now I needed to find something that would both hide the redness and not react with my skin. The Barry M primer is cheap AND fantastic, and leaves my skin feeling velvety! I've also had a little swatch of "Red Wine" and it's the perfect winter nail shade, especially with a matte top coat.




I Heart Make Up is a brand that caught my eye when I nipped into Superdrug near college. Their contour palette actually works well on really pale skin, and the Parental Advisory palette has a variety of shades. From shimmers to mattes, soft neutrals to deep jewel tones, it has a great selection and good formulas. Lovely and creamy, with excellent staying power - a massive plus in my book!

Make Up Revolution is another brand that's new to me - great prices and a big selection! I picked up this lipstick a couple of weeks ago and then got the fear that it would be too dark on me. So I decided to have a little 'make up for the sake of it' day and tried it out - I was not disappointed!









Dreamy, creamy, deep dark red - perfection!


By the way, you all need a Jurassic Park t-shirt in your life.
I decided to team the new MUA pencil and Make Up Revolution lipstick with a haphazard smoky eye from the Parental Advisory palette. And look - barely any redness!
 It's such a lovely berry red, like a deep reddish purple. It was a bit tricky to warm up and spread evenly at first, but after a couple of slicks it was fine. This is actually a bit scary putting a photo up of my face so close up; I've gained a hell of a lot of weight this year, and haven't paid too much attention to how I look, so I feel a bit 'under the microscope'! I dyed my hair last week and I'm still a bit unsure about being dark again, especially after working so hard to maintain the bleached ends. Oh well, here's to hair that's in a better condition!


I'm also really enjoying these nose studs and the septum ring from Karma Se7en Jewellery (here) - so teeny and they just sit perfectly! I actually wrote a couple of posts on their jewellery a few months ago, feel free to have a nosy at them here and here!


So there we have it...only time will tell if I actually get back into wearing make up again or these become relegated to the beauty drawer. I hope not, I had fun playing about with my face - maybe I just need to spend a little more time on it so I'll start wearing it more regularly! After all, that was the humble beginnings of my blog and the basis for the name ScarletPout...who knows!

Take care!





3 comments:

  1. You look lovely :)
    I search everywhere last year and couldn't find some kind of green primer for my red cheeks without spending £20+, will keep an eye out now for the Barry M one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly recommend it! Great price and great for sensitive skin! X

      Delete
  2. I love this look on you! The lipstick shade looks perfect! :)

    Emily / The Mini Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

I just love getting feedback from people! I'll always reply. Thankyou for your time <3